Thursday, January 31, 2008

Excitement of Anticipation

Yes, I haven't posted anything for a couple of weeks as life has been extremely busy and challenging and haven't had any new questions that would be appropriate for this BLOG.

This morning however, while sitting on the porch (I love living in FL especially in the "winter"), I started to really anticipate an upcoming cruise in April. What got this started was the fact that I just got notified of my air schedule returning from Barcelona, Spain. The cruise is a 16 night transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona with some very exciting ports of call in the Med.

I was mentally picturing getting on board and seeing the ship (Emerald Princess), getting to our cabin and un-packing, being on deck for sail-away and watching the Ft. Lauderdale skyline disappear behind the ship, sitting on our balcony over the next few days as we are crossing the Atlantic and there was nothing but water all around us (we love sea days) and a transatlantic sailing is very peaceful and relaxing. I was thinking about the ports we will go to and so on and so forth.

Not only is a cruise a wonderful vacation but the excitement and exhilliration plus the anticipation of what to look forward to gave me a great start to my day. Everyone has experienced this during their lifetime in many different situations - getting married (ok, getting divorced ), finishing school, a new job, going to an event (concert, ballgame etc.), and others I hope this gets you thinking about and reminiscing about the "good times" you've had or are going to have.

But for me and my wife, the anticipation up to getting to sailing day and embarking on a ship makes the value of the whole experience that much better. This is now not a 16 day cruise that we paid for, but a 2 1/2 month experience until we get to start the cruise and did not have to pay any more for that. Talk about value!

What? You've nothing to look forward to right now. Well go on our cruise finder and check things out or give us a call and get your next adventure in motion. I promise you that the "Excitement of Anticipation" is going to be worth as much as the experience itself.

Al

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Al and Helen,

Congratulations on your decision to enjoy the "Golden Years." What a wonderful way to begin with a transatlantic cruise on our most favorite cruise line.

We wish you Bon Voyage and a voyage and life full of good health, happiness, love and prosperity.

Karen and Bob